Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Garden

This morning as I got out the car and was walking to the front door of the schooI thinking about how I love coming to this job. But I am always thankful to the Lord for what he has given me. In this case a job during a time when so many are without. As I walked to the door I thought about how beautiful the grass is in the front of the school. I thought about the many beautiful places in the world, the things that give pleasure to so many people. I thought that traveling seeing the beauties of the world. They beauty are such a wonderful things. I thought about the cars that gives some people pleasure. I also thought of the clay people use to make pottery that give others pleasure. The athletes and the sports people watch and play that gives them pleasure. There are so many thing things in this life that " The Lord" has given mankind to be pleased with adn thankful for.

I also thought about how man can be mean and ugly to the others. I was reminded of the movie "The Green Mile ". Tom Hanks played a guard on death row in Missssippi prison and the giant of a man "John Coffey" played by actor Michael Duncan Clarke who played a wandering miracle healer and seer who had been found guilty of murder and rape, mistakenly. A day or two before he was to be electrocuted Tom Hanks character asked John Coffey if there was anything he could do for him. He offered to let him escape. The prison guard played by Tom Hanks at judgment did not want to have to answer to "The Lord" for killing one of his most miraculous creatures. The giant said no he just wanted to die because all day long, all he saw was the hate and pain of one man to another.


Rodney King said "Why can't we just get along". I add "and just enjoy this beautiful planet that G_d had given us for our pleasure." Continue to be blessed and to let the warmth of the sun, the beauty of the sky and the things you love, for me golf continually give you pleasure. And I 'll do the same. (nabundance.blogspot.com)

Psalm 115:16 The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man.

No comments:

Post a Comment